4 large, very ripe Mangos – fresh or frozen 2-4 limes (optional)
With fresh mango: Peel mangos and place in blender or food processor with lime juice. Mix until creamy and place in container in freezer. Stir every 15 min for the first hour or two to keep it from getting too solid and icey.
With frozen mango: Thaw mango slightly then place in blender or food processor with lime juice. Mix until creamy and serve immediately or place in freezer for 15 min before serving. If saving extra, stir every 15 min for the first hour or two to keep it from getting too solid and icey.
Will stay fresh in freezer for about a week.
- Antioxidant compounds in mango fruit protect against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers.
- The high levels of fiber, pectin and vitamin C help to lower serum cholesterol levels.
- Mangos clear clogged pores and eliminate pimples (can be used both internally and externally).
- Promotes good eyesight and prevents night blindness and dry eyes.
The fiber and enzymes in mangos help break down proteins and improve digestion and elimination.
- The generous amounts of vitamin C and vitamin A in mangos, plus 25 different kinds of carotenoids keep your immune system healthy and strong.